This training course is endorsed by the International Institute of Business Analysis.
Business projects are about business change and improvement. Understanding business processes at the beginning of a project and then improving those processes means the ultimate solution will not only be efficient and effective but meet the business needs of your organisation. With Business Process Modelling, projects become agents of change in the business not just automation of established practices.
This course, "Business Process Modelling Uncovered" replaces two previous Object Training BPM courses; namely "Business Process Modelling using UML" and "Business Process Modelling using BPMN".
The goals of Business Process Modelling are to:
The approach taken in this course, and its associated case study, is to first identify the organisation's strategy. A model of the current business processes is then developed through a series of interviews and workshops. This model identifies the organisation's business events and details of the key business processes. The current business processes are then analysed. This analysis is used to explore opportunities for improving the processes. A Target Business Model is then developed which acts as the business blueprint for organisational change.
This course provides 21 PDUs (Professional Development Units) towards IIBA accreditation.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
Please Note: Special prices are available for an In House delivery of this course. Read about the benefits and choices of our 'In House' course delivery option here.
Contact an Object Training Account Manager to enquire about alternative delivery options (such as In House or Customisation).
*All Australian prices are exclusive of GST
*If the course status is FULL or no date is scheduled in your state please contact object training on 1300 360 203
|Location||Days||Dates||Cost (ex GST)||Course Status|
|Brisbane||3 Days||05/06/2013 - 07/06/2013||$2100.00||Available||Book Now|
|Sydney||3 Days||09/07/2013 - 11/07/2013||$2100.00||Available||Book Now|
|Melbourne||3 Days||09/07/2013 - 11/07/2013||$2100.00||Available||Book Now|
|Sydney||3 Days||22/10/2013 - 24/10/2013||$2100.00||Available||Book Now|
- Background to Business Process Modelling - Various approaches to Business Process Modelling - Where does Business Process Modelling fit in the SDLC - Benefits of Business Process Modelling
- Background to BPMN - Activities - Events - Flows - Gateways - Swimlanes, Pools and Lanes - Core and Extended Symbol Sets - Lab and Case Study Discussion
- What is a roadmap? - Different Business Process Modelling Roadmaps
- Confirm the Organisation Scope - Identify the key stakeholders - Identify the goals and strategies - Deliverable Review Guidelines
- Identify Business Events - Describe Current Business Processes - Describe the Organisational Context - Model the Current Business Processes - Process Levels and Diagrams
- Business Attributes - Process Metrics - Root-Cause Diagrams - Pareto Analysis
- Identify Organisation Assessment Criteria - Map the Target Business Processes
- Identify Process Change Impact - Identify People Impact of Change - Identify Further Activities to Automate - Define Candidate Improvement Projects
- Introduction to UML Class Diagrams - Introduction to High-Level Domain Modelling using Class Diagrams
- Workshop Tips - Key Success Factors
- Methods and techniques - Tools Review
This course is aimed at Business Process Modellers, Business Engineers, Business Analysts, User Representatives and anyone who feels that Business Engineering is relevant to them. Some exposure to previous modelling techniques would be beneficial.
Business Process Modellers, Business Engineers, Business Analysts, User representatives, Requirements Modellers
$2100.00 ex GST
Lectures & Group Exercises
Active group discussions and exercises
Deliverable material for this course includes:
For all courses, but particularly PC-based courses, students are encouraged bring their own USB drive to save worked solutions and/or additional reference material.
Please click here to review our terms and conditions before booking on your course